Sunday, February 9, 2014

My horror story with Toyota Highlander Engine Fire

发信人: nevertoyota (never), 信区: Automobile
标  题: My horror story with Toyota Highlander Engine Fire
关键字: Toyota,highlander,engine,fire
发信站: BBS 未名空间站 (Sun Feb  9 20:34:52 2014, 美东)

I bought the Toyota Highlander SUV in 2002. Its engine caught a fire and
completely burned down in November 2013. Here is what happened.

I was driving to the airport in an early morning. When I stopped at a
traffic light, I smelled a very slight burning smell. So I opened the window
, but did not smell anything strange from outside. Since the smell was so
slight, I continued driving for about 2 miles until I totally lost power. I
stopped on the right side of the road. As soon as I parked, smoke rose from
the engine compartment in front of the windshield. My instinct told me to
escape ASAP. I stood about 100 yards from the SUV and saw the smoke getting
heavier and heavier. Then a lady ran towards me, and told me she was happy
that I stopped because she saw sparks under my engine when she drove in
front of me for a while. Quickly a fierce fire broke out. Since my luggage
was still in the SUV, we called 911 for help. Before the fire truck arrived,
a brave soul in a truck tried to put out the fire using his small fire-
distinguisher, but in no vain. Shortly after, a police car and a fire truck
arrived at the scene, put out the fire and rescued my luggage. The SUV was
totaled because of the very heavy fire. I called Toyota to ask for an
investigation of the cause of fire, but was told that the fire was not due
to a design flaw as the SUV was over 10 years old. They treated it just like
a roadside breakdown. I thought this was ridiculous, and told them the
story will be told.

I will never buy a Toyota again.

(I will post photos if somebody tells me how) 
--

※ 来源:·WWW 未名空间站 海外: mitbbs.com 中国: mitbbs.cn·[FROM: 24.]

http://www.mitbbs.com/article_t/Automobile/34337861.html

No comments:

Post a Comment